There are a lot of things in life that I think I should be able to do, but I can’t. Knit, speak a second language, make a soufflé. I turn 30 in 14 months so it’s time I crack on and finally realise some of my long held goals and dreams.
My twenties so far have been pretty fantastic and I want to savour these last few months before I journey on into a new decade. This isn’t a bucket list though. There’s no skydiving or travel to India to find myself on here, those things will be done, just not this year. Instead, I want to learn a few new skills and have some fun experiences along the way.
And since I’m getting older and my memory is getting a bit ropier, I’m going to blog as a way to help record the memories.
Here’s to the little things!
- Save £30 per month and buy myself a birthday gift
- Learn how to crochet, and crochet an afghan
- Learn how to knit, and knit a bobble hat
- Sew a dress…
- …and wear that dress to afternoon tea somewhere fancy
- Sort through my pile of ‘to alter’ clothes
- Get new glasses and contacts
- Organise, back up and print my photos
- Run the Manchester 10k
- Complete Spanish Duolingo
- Sew a quilt
- Survive Tough Mudder
- Learn how to shoot a gun
- (Re)Learn how to parallel park
- Escape a room
- Complete a 30 day challenge
- Walk from Manchester to Leeds
- Hold a car boot sale
- Walk the Yorkshire Three Peaks
- See more of the UK, specifically The Giants Causeway in NI, Lochness in Scotland and Mount Snowdon in Wales.
- Go camping
- Attend a secret cinema
- Make something and sell it
- Read 30 books
- Go on a spa weekend
- Start a blog
- Learn how to make round chapatis
- Conquer my fear of spiders
- Learn how to hold a tune
- Try something new every month